Sunday, July 1, 2012

Canada Day 2012

My day started quite slow (maybe one too many beer with Jerry the night before ;) ).

But in the end I decided that I would try to ride to Granville Island on the roadbike to hook up with Pete.

They had bike valet all set-up so I didn't need to bring a lock (thanks to Pete for letting me know). Love bike valet!

Granville Island on Canada day is a very busy place.



Pete didn't really believe he'd see me there, so he was a touch surprised (though that doesn't really account for his face ;) )

Monica, Travis and J-Phu are the other folks... and a bit of my nose.

We ran into Horace and Felicia as well, just by accident(the photo didn't really turn out, so I won't post it :) ). Thousands of people, and there they were just walking towards us.

This girl was quite a character and she demonstrated how she makes custom t-shirts by spinning them and spraying colours at them.


It was 4.30 in the afternoon and people were still streaming into Granville Island. Crazy


Pete and I decided to get tattoos


The girls didn't think they wanted that on their face, so they got their hands done. Bad-ass-fist-pump-C-Day-photo


Well, we know who wears the dress and who wears the pants, don't we?!


I had a go as well ... regal, no? ;)



On the way home, we stopped at Pete, Mon & Trav's community garden. Here is Travis pointing out where Michelle can come to get some spinach next time she's at Felicia's


Such a nice way to spend an afternoon!

Then it was time for me to ride back to New Westminster. 20 km, mostly uphill and a headwind the entire way (of course). Did I mention I had one too many beer yesterday? I could have taken the skytrain or bus (I had a faresaver with me) but I thought "screw it, tough it out". So I did.

Great day, great people and in the end even great weather.

Happy Canada Day!

Bjorn

No comments: