Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reifle Bird Sanctuary

I took advantage of the nice weather last weekend to visit the bird sanctuary, along with a ton of other folks apparently ;)

Always enjoy the colourful wood duck






If it hadn't been for a few people already taking photos, I never would have seen the owls


This time I spend a bit more time in the bird-blinds and watched this hooded merganser for a while


It was quite cold, with a number of the channels frozen over










I always enjoy the cranes



These two were feisty


The un-assuming american coot, check out that foot :)


The snow geese were around, but I didn't get very close







I watched this heron find a new place to enjoy the sun and snuck around to have a closer look





This little guy was well camouflaged



Always enjoy messing around with reflections


This mallard was sitting in her own little hole in the ice


One the way out I spotted a couple of northern shovelers





They were very busy finding food, it proved tough getting a clear shot of the wide beak.

Great way to spend a sunny day in November :)

No comments: