Friday, May 2, 2008

Exposure Gallery

Jenn and I went to the opening of "Street" at the Exposure Gallery tonight. Good stuff from local artists.

As it was also a event from the vandigicam group on flickr, there were plenty of people with cameras. I couldn't go without mine or I would have felt left out ;)

The first couple of shots just weren't wide enough, so I swapped lenses:



Wide is good!

Explaining the art?!



Free hugs!



That's John (a.k.a. Waxy) in the middle. I didn't get a chance to talk to him to say "Hey" but I took his pictures. Apparently it'll last longer...



Nice shoes



People kept getting in the way of the pictures



And then we left :)



It was a great time, though we didn't stay long as it was B U S Y. Good to see a solid turnout!

If you want to see the larger shots click here

Have a great weekend

Bjorn

2 comments:

Hidden Fortress said...

you took a picture of my pictures!! very top photo, thats my stuff. i had a great time, hope you did too. thanks!

chris (nofutureface)

Anonymous said...

I went to the show today and to be honest, it was some of the worst photography I have ever seen. It was my first time in the gallery, and I had recently been over at Presentation House in North Van for the Model show and I guess I had high hopes. There were some nice pieces which were taken with 4x5 but the rest was utter shit! I actually laughed out loud after coming across a photo of another photographer chimping with the title "The Shooter." In addition, I thought that the gallery would have had the sense to automatically disqualify anything which was a secret snap of a homeless person masquerading as "documentary photography." Did someone really think that a two piece set of a BMX bike jumping, one entitled "up" and the other "down" was clever? Good God! All in all, a very big disappointment and an embarrassment for Vancouver's photography community as a whole.