Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bryce Canyon - Part 1

I could try to say it with many words, but I would fail. I will instead try to say it with many photos.

We had no idea what we were in for at this point


One of the first view. Nice.


Yeah, this is pretty neat.


Started hiking.
W
O
W





Some closer shots of the layers.





It's steep at some points and I tried to capture it (not an easy task in 2D )


I was not the only one taking a lot of photos.


Michelle for scale





I found that I almost needed a human element or construct, like the brick path, to make the photo make sense and provide proportions


The landscape side of street photography


I may do a whole post of trees in Bryce. A sample


Often I like the heavy polarizing effect.





3rd version


The little black dots are people too, you know ;)





I like this photo. It almost looks photoshopped to me. Except of course I know it isn't.

And I love how it shows the path winding along. It was very steep. Michelle did not enjoy it :)

Back at the top


We hiked for about 3 hours. I suffered a bit for various reasons. It was worth it.

Michelle added Bryce to the list of parks she thinks people should visit before they die. I agree.

More to come.

Bjorn

No comments: