Monday, March 10, 2008

Own a camera? You too may be terrorist!



This has been making it's way around photography blogs and every single time I see it, it bothers the hell out of me.

First off, taking photographs is becoming more and more prevalent in our society and now the London (UK) authorities are asking you to watch out for people who "seem odd".
Now, most serious photographers probably seem odd. They may wander back and forth while composing a shot and may be completely absorbed in what they are doing.

Secondly, if I was serious about taking photos without looking suspicious, I'd probably just shoot from the hip. Is this such a tough thing to do? To turn off the noise your digital camera makes by default and just keep hitting the "little trigger button" and snap the shots?! Easy.

This level of stupidity shows me that the terrorists have already accomplished their goal ... with the aid of the US & UK governments.

Good job folks.

No comments: