Sunday, September 19, 2010

Michelle & Bjorn's roadtrip photo essay - Day 1

I still haven't gotten around to starting the ride report for the motorcycle trip, but I thought I'd post some of the photos I took from Michelle and my trip across Washington and Oregon.

It wasn't too hard to leave:


Michelle did much of the driving, I did most of the photography


Once we got away from I-5 and started heading over towards the Cascades Highway, things started clearing a _tiny_ bit. It made for some interesting and constantly changing scenery





We stopped at most 'roadside attractions' as we did at the first of the dams.


It was pretty wet.


Good thing we brought the rain-gear


By the time we hit the top of the pass, it was only drizzling


We were pretty high up. The light spots are cars down below


I've taken a few photos of this fence before, but it's still interesting to me ;)





Michelle grabbed my camera and took some shots as well.


On the way out, we stopped at one of the amazing high alpine meadows


If you look carefully you can see the car at the top of the trail


We stopped in Winthrop for a quick bite and walk around town. They really work on the western theme.


Michelle followed the above instructions carefully


Umm... wait a minute...


Cool door


Looks like stage-coaches should stop here.


You just know it tasted bad...


I do like the desert and I'm glad we're going to spend a bunch of time in it (from the looks of the weather on the coast).


That's it for day one.

No comments: